Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Kayla made me do it!

OK - so this a little intimidating for an old lady and it's taken me awhile to post a new entry. Tonight Kayla offered to "help me" and I said OK and she handed me a 1-2-3 list of what to do. So, after resetting my password, here I am.

I avoid this alot.
It makes me cry and then it's hard to read the screen and my fingers just fly over the keys and out come my feelings.
Is that how it is with everyone? Does it matter? That's how it is with me.

John Shaffer and I went to Cathy Ganz and Adam Kunz's wedding this past weekend. Cathy is one of Katie's college roommates from St. Cloud. We also had the opportunity to have lunch with Katie and Cathy's other roommate, Dayna, and her husband, Sam, and their son, Erik. We were guests of Dayna's parents in their home in St. Paul.

It was an emotionally challenging weekend, but it would have been so much more difficult not to have been there.
Life, as we know it, goes on. I see so much of Katie in her friends and I try to imagine what she would have wanted them to know, how she would have wanted them to go on with their lives. And I saw beautiful, strong, young women and handsome, sensitive young men who are positively affected in their attitude toward life and their responsibility to the world community by their love and friendship with Katie.

Cathy gave me Katie's boquet as we sat around the table during the reception dinner. Cathy had a great, glowing smile on her face and her eyes sparkeled everytime we met. No wonder Katie loved her so much. But while Cathy had the center of attention as the "woman in the big white dress" (that's the way Katie described herself at her wedding to John Evans 3 years ago), I got to know the other "kids" at our table who were such important influences on Katie's life - Dayna, Dahlia, Rick.

I think that's enough for tonight - I can no longer read the monitor and my fingers are not keeping up with my feelings.

I did get over to Katie's Meadow last Monday on my bike. I have pictures to share. Maybe John Evans will post them on his site until I get the technology figured out.
I'll try to post again soon. Please feel free to let me know your thoughts.
With love and peace to all of Katie's friends.
Judy

3 comments:

Kayla said...

Mom,
This is a great post. Funny how your fingers can still find the right key even though your eyes are too filled with tears to see them. I'm proud of you and your willingness to share such intimate feelings.

Love, Michelle

Jenn said...

I was happy to see that you, too, had started a blog. I return often to see if you have posted and what thoughts you have shared. Please, if you can and are willing..keep sharing those thoughts and ideas.

Peace & Love,
Jenn

Emma said...

Good post, Grandma.